If you've been to Disneyland before, you know what to expect, but what you may not know is what's new since then. To help you keep up with the changes, we've compiled a list of new rides at Disneyland and California Adventure.
We know everyone doesn't go to Disneyland as often as we do, so you'll find what's new in the past five years below.
New Disneyland Rides in 2011
- Star Tours converted to 3-D and set in the time period between the two Star Wars trilogies.
- Mickey's Soundsational Parade will premiere in 2011. Get a preview at the Disneyland blog
- New at California Adventure: Ariel's Undersea Adventure.
- Old and New at California Adventure: Goofy's Sky School is an old ride made new. The classic "mad mouse" roller coaster that opened as Mulholland Madness will take on a flying academy theme with Goofy as the instructor. It's inspired by the 1940 cartoon short, “Goofy’s Glider.”
- Construction for Cars Land at California Adventure continues, visible from many parts of the park, cool your engines for now - it won't be done until 2012.
New Disneyland Rides in 2010
- Orange Stinger (California Adventure) converted to Silly Symphony Swings
- World of Color at California Adventure, a nighttime water show
- Captain EO starring Michael Jackson returns, replacing Honey I Shrunk the Audience (at least temporarily).
Also in 2010, the Disneyland Hotel started getting a much-needed and extensive renovation. It will proceed floor by floor, reducing capacity - but will be well worth the inconvenience when it's finished. And in late 2010, Paradise Pier installs flat-panel televisions and embarks on an upgrade of their soft goods (bedding, carpet and the like).
More changes are afoot in California Adventure, including an entire new land themed from the Cars movie, but the most exciting are still a couple of years away from completion. Visit the website dedicated to the expansion to find our more.
New Disneyland Rides in 2009
- it's a small world renovated
- Tinkerbelle and Her Fairy Friends character greeting area near Tomorrowland, Disneyland
- New fireworks show, Disneyland
- Cinderella's Castle opens a new walk-through attraction
- California Adventure's Sun Wheel got a new Mickey face and a new name: Mickey's Fun Wheel, but is otherwise unchanged
- The Disney Gallery repoened in the Former Bank of Main Street building
- Space Mountain premeiered a new holiday light show
- Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln (gone since the 50th anniversary in 2005) returns to the Opera House in a newly refurbished version as part of The Disneyland Story
New Disneyland Rides in 2008
- Toy Story Mania!, California Adventure
- House of the Future at Innoventions
- Walk-through attraction at Sleeping Beauty Castle, Disneyland
New Disneyland Rides in 2007
New Disneyland Rides in 2006
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue!, California Adventure
- Pirates of the Caribbean refurbished